Since Foundry Art bronze is so durable, our tiles can be used in virtually any application: on floors and walls, indoors and out, wet and dry. Foundry Art tiles are suitable for use even in the most highly trafficked locations.
• Described as 3 x 3 in, actually 3 x 3 in
• Described as 2 x 2 in, actually 2 x 2 in
• Described as 1 x 1 in, actually 1 1/16 x 1-1/16
• Described as 1/2 x 10 in, actually 1/2 x 9-7/8
• Base of all tiles is approximately 1/4 in thick.
• Height of relief designs varies.
• Variations in size are considered normal.
• For substrate and adhesive, follow the guidelines of
the Tile Council of America. In most applications,
epoxy or thinset mortar is suitable.
• Adhesive: to insure a good adhesive bond, roughen the backs of the tiles with coarse sandpaper.
• Spacing: as per designer' specification
• Grout: you can use either sanded or unsanded grout. In wet applications we recommend epoxy grout. Alternately, dry grout can be mixed with an acrylic additive and then sealed after installation. During final cleanup make sure all grout residue is removed from the recesses of the tiles. No grout release is necessary.
• Cutting: You can cut Foundry Art tiles with any saw suitable for cutting metal. We recommend abrasive metal-cutting blades for use with cutoff and circular saws. If you have just a few cuts to make, you can use a hacksaw.
• Sealing the bronze is not necessary. If a sealer is used on surrounding materials do not let it pool or stand on the surface of the bronze.
• Our proprietary casting and finishing process is
designed to create random surface pitting and
• New tiles may appear brighter than showroom samples because samples have begun to develop a patina.
• Some tiles may appear darker than others before they are installed, but during installation grout will polish the tiles and lessen the variation.
Foundry Art 3x3" Lotus tile
cast in Traditional Bronze